Bali: Its Amazing Biodiversity
- 30 October 2023 02:33 AM
- Eco Tourism Bali
Bali, the tropical paradise island, enchants with its incredible biodiversity. Rich and diverse ecosystems and unique habitats make this island a special place to protect and celebrate natural life. Let’s continue to explore the natural wonders hidden in Bali.
One of the species that captures attention in Bali is the Bali Starling, or Bali Myna. Unfortunately, this bird is critically endangered. Known for its striking white plumage and captivating blue eyes, the Bali Starling is an emblem of the island. However, the story doesn’t end happily. Species like the Bali Tiger and Bali Elephant have gone extinct due to rampant hunting and habitat destruction.
Bali is also home to various other types of wildlife. Long-Tailed Macaques, for example, are monkeys with long tails and charming grey fur found all over the island. Meanwhile, the Bali Starling, with its bold black-and-white feathers, is one of the unique endemic birds of Bali and Lombok.
Marine life around Bali also plays a crucial role in the island’s biodiversity. Reef Sharks, Manta Rays, Sea Turtles, Sea Snails, Giant Clams, Sea Eels, Blue-Spotted Rays, and Dorado Fish are examples of the underwater richness found in the waters around Bali.
However, Bali’s natural wealth is not limited to its land and waters. The island also showcases a variety of captivating plants and fungi. Bamboo, Frangipani, Rafflesia, Bird of Paradise, Orchids, and Pandan are some striking and unique plants in Bali. Certain fungi such as Agaricus, Pleurotus, Ganoderma, and Tricholoma also form a significant part of Bali’s biodiversity.
Moreover, Bali’s forests are home to various unique species, from Python Snakes to Spotted Deer. All this natural wealth is a result of diverse ecosystems and habitats that support the rich natural life in Bali.
Bali’s biodiversity not only attracts nature enthusiasts but also carries a shared responsibility for us to protect and preserve it. We all have a role to play in safeguarding the beauty of Bali’s nature and ensuring that this wonder can be enjoyed by future generations. Bali is a living proof that we can coexist with nature and safeguard its invaluable biodiversity.
Furthermore, Eco Tourism Bali has Component C, which focuses on Biodiversity Conservation within the accommodation sector. This component aims to identify policies, practices, and actions taken by accommodations to safeguard natural areas and high biodiversity areas from the impacts of accommodation activities. Here are some key points in this component:
20. Biodiversity awareness
Implementing policies and publicizing commitments within the accommodation to support the protection of local biodiversity within and around the accommodation location.
21. Protection of natural habitat
Reducing operational activities of accommodation that may disrupt natural habitats within and around the accommodation location.
22. Support for biodiversity conservation
Engaging guests and accommodation staff in efforts to protect biodiversity by providing information, education, and direct actions.
23. Monitoring of invasive species
Regularly monitoring the accommodation area to identify and reduce the presence of invasive species.
24. Use of native species for landscaping
Prioritizing the use and planting of native species in property landscape management.
25. Implementation of policies governing visits to natural sites
Creating and enforcing guidelines to minimize the impact of guest and accommodation staff visits to natural sites.
26. Implementation of policies governing interactions with wildlife
Implementing internal policies that prohibit guests and accommodation staff from direct interactions with wildlife around the accommodation and other tourist destinations.
27. Implementation of policies supporting animal welfare
Implementing and enforcing policies for the protection of animal welfare in activities and programs provided or recommended by the accommodation.
Writer: Deska Yunita
- The 1st Eco Tourism Week is Coming 9 December 2022
- Kebangkitan Pariwisata Pasca Pandemi harus Dibarengi Kepedulian Lingkungan
- BALI TOURISM INDUSTRY THROUGH SUSTAINABLE DEV’T IMPLEMENTATION
- Eco Tourism Week 2022, Sorot Keberlanjutan Pariwisata Bali dan Lingkungan Hidup
- Eco Tourism Jadi Alternatif Solusi Pariwisata Bali Agar Lebih ‘Sustainable’
- Transformasi Hijau Pariwisata Bali
- Eco Tourism Week Digelar, Ini Harapannya untuk Bali
- Pariwisata Berkelanjutan, Jurus Jitu Mencegah Lonjakan Sampah dan Emisi Seiring Geliat Wisata
- Eco Tourism Week Sukses Digelar di Bali
- Kemenparekraf Dorong Industri Pariwisata Bali Bangkit Lewat Eco Tourism Week