Independence Day Commemoration: for Environmental Protection
- 18 August 2023 07:27 AM
- Eco Tourism Bali
August 17th is the day when the greatness of Indonesia is celebrated. Strong and unyielding are only few of the adjectives that better describe Indonesia. A nation that fought hard for its independence from colonialism and that does not forget the sacrifice of its predecessors in achieving such a goal. And that is why an entire day is dedicated to honor such a historical success. The 17th of August is an extremely significant day also for the national identity of the country: sharing such a memory bring Indonesian people closer to each other, making them forget all their diversities, while strengthening their unity.
Every year a special slogan is picked to commemorate this day and “Keep Moving Forward for Indonesia” is the one for this year’s theme. Clearly it refers to the determination of Indonesian people to work towards their development, keeping their spirit up. The slogan was conveyed by the Secretary of the Ministry of State Secretariat (Kemensetneg), Setya Utama, in a press statement regarding the 2023 Independence Month Celebration.
Move forward in environmental preservation
A nation can develop in various ways, but these days moving sustainably is undoubtedly the priority, especially in the touristic sector. This will have a positive domino effect on other sectors as well and the focus will shift towards keeping the uniqueness of the existing area intact.
In this context you find Eco Tourism Bali: a social impact business that builds communities for sustainable tourism through Sustainable Verification for Accommodation and F&B Businesses. The goal is to change Bali’s image as a sustainable destination by 2030 and contribute to achieve Climate Neutrality in the hotel and tourism industry by 2050. Eco Tourism Bali’s sustainable components and criteria guide hoteliers and F&B businesses in their sustainable journey, enabling them to always aim for higher goals. The touristic sector, the main pillar of Bali’s economy, could really make a difference for the country if shifting sustainably. Reducing waste and recycling are examples of the first steps that businesses could take to reduce their environmental impact and inspire others to do the same.
Writer: Deska Yunita
- The 1st Eco Tourism Week is Coming 9 December 2022
- Kebangkitan Pariwisata Pasca Pandemi harus Dibarengi Kepedulian Lingkungan
- BALI TOURISM INDUSTRY THROUGH SUSTAINABLE DEV’T IMPLEMENTATION
- Eco Tourism Week 2022, Sorot Keberlanjutan Pariwisata Bali dan Lingkungan Hidup
- Eco Tourism Jadi Alternatif Solusi Pariwisata Bali Agar Lebih ‘Sustainable’
- Transformasi Hijau Pariwisata Bali
- Eco Tourism Week Digelar, Ini Harapannya untuk Bali
- Pariwisata Berkelanjutan, Jurus Jitu Mencegah Lonjakan Sampah dan Emisi Seiring Geliat Wisata
- Eco Tourism Week Sukses Digelar di Bali
- Kemenparekraf Dorong Industri Pariwisata Bali Bangkit Lewat Eco Tourism Week